Text As Image Assignment
Make an image that is composed entirely of text - no other shapes or lines. Shapes, lines, colors, and textures must be made of blocks or lines of text, or of individual letters.
Here's a way to do it:
- VERY LIGHTLY in pencil, draw an image on your paper.
- Continuing in pencil, replace all the lines, shapes and textures with block or lines of text, or with individual letters.
- Letters may also be used to create texture.
- Redraw all of the words/letters in ink pen or marker.
- Erase all of the pencil lines.
- Go large. Use an entire sheet of white paper.
- The final image must have no lines, shapes, colors or textures that are not created purely with letters or words.
- The image may be abstract but the overall composition must be balanced.
This assignment will be graded on these criteria:
1. Time and effort
3. Meeting the requirements listed above.